1. APPLICATION Please read through our website and fill out a puppy application HERE, if you are interested in adding one of our puppies to your family. Click Here for more information on our Planned breedings, Our Policies page for more information on questions that you may have and our Pricing page to learn more about payment options. For more information on visits, see Our Policies. If we believe that one of our puppies is a good fit for you and your family, we will communicate to you if we have accepted your puppy application via email. Please know that if you are not accepted for one of our puppies that we wholeheartedly wish you well on your puppy search. It can take days to weeks for us to approve an application depending on how busy we are. When we have a litter, we are on the clock 24/7 with our puppies and time can get away from us quickly. If you haven't received a response back from us within at least 1 week from the time of submitting your application, please contact us for an update.
2. PRE-RESERVATION Once an application is accepted, a $250 Pre-Reservation payment must be paid within 72 hours to reserve your position on our master waiting list. This payment confirms your commitment in obtaining one of our puppies. All reservation payments are accepted in the order that the application is received and approved. Any Pre-Reservations that are placed after 72 hours from the time of approval will depend on current availability, please contact us for updated information. If there isn’t a puppy requested at the time of your application being approved, you will be added to our master waiting list for upcoming litters and you will be notified when we have a litter planned of your preference.All reservation payments are non-refundable however if we do not have the preferred gender available after birth then we will discuss options such as: a full refund, transferring the reservation to the opposite gender or transferring to a future litter(depending on buyer’s preference).Reservation payments are valid for up to 2 years should you decide to transfer to a future litter at any time. If after 2 years you have decided not to reserve a puppy from any of our litters, your Reservation payment will be forfeited. See Our Policies page for more info. 3. PREFERRED GENDER AVAILABILITY Within 3 days from Birth, we will go down our waiting list and reach out to inform you if a puppy of your preferred gender is or isn’t available for you. If we do not have your preferred gender available at birth or at any time during the first 2 weeks, you will have the option to receive a refund, to pick an opposite sex puppy if available or transfer the Pre-Reservation to another litter.
4. PUPPY UPDATES Once the puppies are born and you have a Pre-Reservation placed, you will begin receiving weekly updates on the puppies including photos! Photo + video updates are also usually posted on our Instagram and litter page on our website. Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date with us @Bearstategoldens!
5. FINAL RESERVATION At 2 weeks of age, we will reach out to you to secure your Reservation. At this time the FinalReservation payment of $500.00 must be paid at this time. This payment is a place holder to hold your puppy until pick up day. When sending a Reservation payment there will also be a contract to sign. If you are applying for a puppy after the litter is 2 weeks of age, the full reservation payment of $750.00 is to be paid after your application is approved.All reservation payments are non-refundable however they are transferable and deducted from the total purchase price of the puppy. Final Reservation payments are valid for 2 years should you decide to transfer to a future litter. If after 2 years you haven’t reserved a puppy from any of our litters, your reservation will be forfeited. See Our Policiespage for more info.
6. SELECTION APPOINTMENTS At 5-6 weeks of age, we will be reaching out in order by reservation to schedule a meeting to select your furry companion and meet the parents.
7. HEALTH GUARANTEE At 6 weeks of age, it will be time to sign our 12 month health guarantee/puppy sale contract.
8. PUPPY PLACEMENT OR SELECTION At 8 weeks of age and depending on the litter, we may place the puppies into homes according to priority or we may go based off of reservation list positions. After temperament tests, evaluations and health exams are completed by 8 weeks of age, we will know more about each puppy’s individual potential. We prefer to schedule meetings on weekends. Each of our puppies have different colored collars, reference names and are microchipped for identification purposes. If you are scheduled to meet or choose your puppy at 8+ weeks of age, the puppy will be able to go home with you at that time. Please be aware that you must have an approved application and reservation placed to come meet the puppies at our home for safety reasons. PRIORITY BASED LITTERS: Our Priority based litters are based on the puppy’s intended purpose. We accept reservations however the reservation order will be based on priority. If applicable.. Show homes will have priority, then Service or Therapy and lastly Pet homes. We spend so much time with our puppies and we know them best so they will be placed by us into homes according to lifestyle and purpose. We take the future puppy owner’s personality and gender preferences into consideration when placing a puppy into a home. Depending on the litter.. we could end up having more or less pet puppies to choose from however it’s unknown until evaluations are completed. We reach out in order by reservation priority with weekend dates to come by to meet the puppy(s). If we do not have enough show, service or therapy interest then puppies will be placed into pet homes accordingly. POSITION BASED LITTERS: Our Position based litters are based in the order in which we receive the reservation and by gender. After vet checks and temperament tests are completed, we present this information to our future puppy families and help them decide on a puppy. Our litter will have very similar temperaments however personality, drives and energy levels will be different. We reach out to everyone on our waiting list in order by reservation with weekend dates to come by to meet the puppy(s). Future puppy parents that have placed a reservation will be able to come by to meet the puppies in person to choose or select their puppy through photos & videos with helpful information. We are also happy to choose a puppy for you that will match your lifestyle. Choosing a puppy is exciting and at times it can be difficult to decide!
9. BRING YOUR PUPPY HOME WITH YOU At 8-9 weeks of age, you will be able to bring your puppy home with you. Any remaining balance may be paid via Cash(USD), GoodDog, Zelle or Apple Pay. Unfortunately we do not accept Money orders, Checks or Cards at this time. Puppies will not be able to leave our care until balance is paid in full. Click HERE and scroll to the bottom to see what your puppy will come home with. If you are unable to pick up your puppy by 9 weeks, please see Our Policies page or contact us for information on boarding.